4" Opuntia Phaeacantha
Also called the tulip prickly pear cactus, after the shape of its flowers, this variety is cold hardy up to 0℃ which means it's happy to hang out on your porch in the sun until just before the first fall frost.
A very cute variety with spikes that mean business, so handle with care!
Bright indirect to direct light. Make sure your cactus is getting several hours of bright light daily. Water when the soil is completely dry, taking care to water close to the base of the plant, slowly, so that water makes it to the root ball instead of going right through the pot.
Potcover not included. (Shown: Pembroke)
Updated June 11, 2021: We are now OPEN for in-store shopping! Please wear a mask and read our notices at the door. Current capacity is just one plant lover at a time and, as always, your kiddos are welcome to join you.
DELIVERY + PICKUP
At the bottom of your cart page you will see options for booking your delivery or pickup.
For delivery, now that the warm weather is here to stay (for a few months, anyhow!) we are moving back to what Rich calls "delivery at large". Basically this means you will choose delivery and we will set up your day and time afterwards. You will always get an email letting you know when it's coming! Our timeline for all deliveries is 5 business days, but usually we're much quicker than that :)
Be sure to choose the correct delivery zone at checkout. CLICK HERE for our map to make sure you're inside one of our zones.
For in-store pickup, we will email you as soon as your order is ready for pickup at our downtown shop! Wait for this email before you come :)
All orders for delivery and pickup will be fulfilled from the Plant Goals Warehouse. You will always pickup your orders at our downtown location, 387 Water Street.
CHECKOUT + PAYMENT
You can choose one of four payment options when your order from our online shop -- Credit Card, PayPal, e-Transfer, Gift Card, and Boro Gift Card.
Here's what you need to know:
- Credit Card + PayPal are pretty straightforward. Enter your details, make sure you choose the correct delivery/pickup method, and you're good to go!
- For e-Transfer, choose that option at the checkout and you'll see additional info to complete your payment. Our e-Transfer email is email@example.com and does not require a password. Please complete your payment within an hour to hold your order.
- To pay for ALL or PART of your order with a Gift Card or Boro Gift Card do NOT use the Express Pay options at checkout. Please enter your account and address info first, then move forward to the payment section. Choose the Gift Card option when you see the four different payment options listed, then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Gift Card number. We will get back to you with your remaining balance or amount owing. For Boro Gift Cards, please also let us know the exact balance on your card. Do not enter the Gift Card number on our site, it will not work.
You can check your order history via your account. Sign in or create an account using the same email you entered at checkout to see all of your orders.
Be sure to check your address against our Delivery Zone map so you can make the right choice at checkout.
Zone 1 | Peterborough (green)
Zone 2 | Kawartha Lakes (yellow)
Zone 3 | Northumberland (purple)
Special Delivery Area (orange)
We are only delivering inside these zones at this time. We do not ship any of our products.
Hello, plant lovers! We want to reward YOU for shopping at Plant Goals!
With every purchase, you can earn Goals (that's what we call our points, of course) that you can later redeem for $$ off your future purchases.
Here's how it works:
- As a member of our loyalty program, you will earn 10 Goals for every $1 spent at our shop.
- You can then redeem 1000 points for $5 off any future purchase (you can combine points to save more, up to $20 off at once)
- You can ALSO send a friend your referral code! They'll save 15% on their first purchase with us and you'll get 15% off your next order too! Click the star button in the bottom left corner of the site to find your referral code.
To join, all you have to do is sign up for an account on our site! If you have an account, you are automatically a member.
If you have ordered from us but do NOT have an account, simply create an account using the same email you used to place your orders and we can always adjust your total to make sure you get all your points :)
To redeem your rewards, check your balance, and to get your referral link, click the star button at the bottom left corner of our site. Log in and you'll see all the info you need!
Updated May 2021
4" Opuntia Phaeacantha